Customizing Bootstrap 3 with LESS
Do more with LESS in Bootstrap. In this course, Jen Kramer shows you how to customize the look and feel of your Bootstrap site with LESS CSS, as well as LESS mixins and Bootstap's own customization screens. You'll learn how to configure Prepros, a LESS compiler; work within the LESS file structure; and start modifying fonts, color, spacing, and more with the variables.less file. Then LESS's mixins will allow you to make advanced customizations like custom buttons and tab styles. Just press Play to start learning.
- Setting up your working environment for Bootstrap and LESS
- Understanding the LESS file structure
- Creating and manipulating LESS variables
- Working with LESS mixins
- Creating custom styles using mixins and variables
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jen Kramer. Welcome to Customizing Bootstrap 3 with LESS. In this course, I'll show you how to work with LESS to add custom styling to you Bootstrap website. We'll start by configuring your computer with pre pros, a sass and LESS compiler. Next, we'll download Bootstrap's LESS files and explore their structure. We'll work with variables.less which provides lots of control of variables to change colors, fonts, spacing, and more in your Bootstrap site.
Finally, we'll look at the wild and wonderful side Bootstrap including some functions, math, mixens, extending styles, and much more to create some very cool effects. So if you're ready, let's get started with Customizing Bootstrap 3 with LESS.
Eddie Opara on His Influences, Design Process, and Joining Pentagram3,258 Views
Templating with Joomla! 3 and Bootstrap291,707 Views
WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch57,222 Views
Diane Domeyer on Standing out in the Creative Job Market5,426 Views
LogoLounge: Handmade Aesthetic in Logo Design87,193 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Git Essential Training2,578,682 Views