In this video, Ray Villalobos shows an advanced way to control layouts using flex order or using push and pull classes, which let you reorder how columns are staged at different breakpoints in the grid.
- [Instructor] One of the advanced ways…that you control layout…is to customize the order of the columns.…Now you can reorder higher layouts work…at different breakpoints,…which means at different screen widths.…Now there's two ways to do this.…First by using flex order…or you can also use push and pull,…so let's take a look.…Now first is flex order…and then with it you use that…is by specifying the keyword flex as a class,…and then optionally,…you can include one of the breakpoints,…which of course is small, medium, large and xl.…
Then you include an order which needs…to be either first, last or unordered.…Of course you use first if you want that column…to appear first regardless of the order…that the columns are actually in.…Last of course if you want it to be last…and unordered if you want it to not have an order.…Actually unordered will work only if you're trying…to reset a previous thing that you've made first or last.…Next is push and pull…and the way that works is you create an action,…which is either push or pull.…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.