Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating columns, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- So columns are the foundation…of almost any Bootstrap layout.…They're going to take your design…and divide it into vertical groups,…that way you don't have to design your own responsive grid.…You're going to just use whatever Bootstrap gives you.…Now when you do create a column,…you're also going to create a gutter,…and the gutters by default…are going to be 30 pixels wide.…That means that you're going to have 15 pixels…on each side of the column.…So what you do to create a column…is you take an element and you add a class…to that element inside a row,…and they should follow this format.…
It should say col-, and then a size,…which is two letters, we'll talk about them in a minute,…and then another dash, and then the number…of columns that you want this layout to span,…or this element that you're creating.…So the size means when the column will convert…into whatever you specified in the span…into a single column layout.…In other words, it's going to stack…into a single column layout at a specific break point.…The break point is going to be determined…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.