Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a carousel that fades, part of Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design.
- This lighting effect works pretty well…in most websites…but sometimes I'd like to use a fade sort of animation…instead of a sliding animation…so let me show you how to do that.…It's mostly in CSS…but first we're going to modify our carousel…so that it doesn't use the default class…which is carousal slide.…We'll actually create a class called carousel fade…and it'll be our own class that we make…so once we save that…you'll see that the carousel disappears…but that's only temporary.…
We need to go ahead and create this fade class…so we'll do that after all this header stuff…and right before the page…we'll start creating our carousel fade class here…so you can use this in any website…and I'll start by creating the carousel fade here…and change the opacity to one.…It's not going to do much yet…but I'll add some more stuff in here.…
So I'll do a carousel fade…and then control each item.…And what I'm going to do here is…modify it so that it uses a transition property…and it's going to just animate the opacity.…That means the fading in and out…
- Analyzing your markup
- Creating simple column layouts
- Creating basic navigation and a simple carousel
- Modifying Bootstrap styles
- Working with branding and toggle styles
- Adding interactivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Bootstrap Layouts
2. Customizing Bootstrap Styles
3. Adding Interactivity
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.