In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to work with the navbar component, one of the more full-featured components, which is related to the nav component and helps you build navigation.
- [Narrator] The navbar component…is related to Nav component.…So if you're coming from that video,…creating navbars will be pretty simple.…Now it is a completely redesigned component…that is much simpler to use and customize.…First off, the main container of the navbar,…of course, is the navbar class.…Inside that container, you need at least something called…a navbar-toggleable in a breakpoint.…Navbars will, by default, stack on top of one another.…So the navbar-toggleable plus the breakpoint…is going to tell the browser when to stack the item.…
So if you say navbar-toggleable and then sm,…then the navbar will be stacked until…it reaches the small breakpoint.…In addition to that, you can have a number of…internal components inside the navbar.…At the very least, you need to use a navbar-nav component.…And this is where you would put the links…to your navigation.…You can have additional components,…but we'll talk about those in a later video.…You can also color the navbar itself…with the bg-COLOR option.…
And this is the regular background that we have seen before.…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.