In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to work with alerts; messages with special contextual styles designed to appear when there is a special need to communicate an action to users.
- [Instructor] Alerts or messages with special contextual…styles that are designed to display in great looking boxes.…They're optionally dismissed and can have any have…any sort of mark up.…Let's take a look at them.…Now setting up alerts is pretty simple.…You start out with the basic alert class on a container.…There's a few contextual classes that you can use for color.…So, for example, success, info, warning, and danger.…A few classes are available for internal content,…like headings as well as links,…although you can fit just about any HTML content…inside an alert.…
Just be aware that it is really meant…for very simple content.…So, don't try too many crazy HTML tags in there.…You can choose to dismiss the alerts…so that the user can get rid of the message.…This is how you do that.…You had a class of alert dismissible,…and then if you want some animation,…you can also add the fade and show classes,…so when you dismiss the alert it'll have a little animation…that fades out.…When you do this, you should also add a close button…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.