Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling menus with ScrollFix/Affix, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- In this video, I'm going to show you…a couple of components that Bootstrap has…for working with navigation in pages…that are very long.…So, I've prepared a project for you right here.…It's a pretty simple, single-page project…and I've placed these different sections of content…throughout this page.…Now, the problem with normal navigation…is that when I click on one of these elements,…you'll see that because my link is targeting…the ID of the element called "Services,"…it's going to jump to that location.…
And that's fine, but if I want to navigate…to another place in the document,…I would have to scroll all the way up…and then click on the next element.…And that's not a very good interface.…So, there's a couple of things…that you can do in Bootstrap…that will help that a lot.…Now, one more thing that I've done here…is modified my CSS to make sure…that this image is displaying.…It's centered on this tag called "header,"…and it has a 600 pixel height as well,…so that's what gives it its size,…and you can see that right now…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.