In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to control the alignment of your navigation elements using different classes that let you position items properly.
- [Instructor] There's a few ways to control…the alignment and placement of your navigation elements.…Let's take a quick look.…Now, what we have is a few classes…that allow you to control the placement…which can be either fixed-top…which takes a navigation out of…the normal flow of the document, and puts it…on top of all the other elements,…and top of the screen or the viewport.…And that means that you may have to adjust your CSS…to account for the elements being taken…out of the flow, so we'll see what that looks like…in just a minute.…
Of course, if you use fixed-bottom, then you will place…the navigation at the bottom, and you have to watch out…for the same issues.…There's another class called sticky-top.…That one will scroll the navigation…until it gets to the top of the screen,…at which point that navigation would stick there,…and continue to scroll the rest of the document.…Now that one is pretty awesome,…however, you do have to watch out, because…it is not well supported in most browsers.…So make sure you take a look at this URL…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.