In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to work with the fundamental part of the grid—grid containers—which make your layouts adjust to the responsive grid and prepare your content for rows and columns.
- [Instructor] One of the main reasons people use Bootstrap…is to have access to an amazing grid…that makes layout easy to do and responsive.…This is one of the most important things…you should master in Bootstrap,…so let's take a look.…First of all, the grid is a responsive 12-column system…for creating just about any layout you can think of.…It uses a technology called Flexbox…that makes it easier to create complex layout…with minimal code.…In order to work with the grid,…you need to master three simple components.…
The first is containers,…which can be used with or without the grid…to align content either to the viewport,…or center it around a set of breakpoints.…Next is rows and columns.…They work together to allow you to create the layouts.…The rows prepare the columns for layout,…and the columns are complex and extremely flexible,…so we'll cover them in a separate video in detail.…So first, let's go ahead and take a look at containers.…There are two different types of containers.…
Regular containers, which center content…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.