In this video, Ray Villalobos uses shows the classes necessary to use carousels, one of the most popular components to cycle images in your Bootstrap layout and add optional captions.
- [Instructor] The carousel is one of the most…popular Bootstrap components.…It allows you to cycle images and has a lot of options,…so let's take a look at how you build it.…A first step to set up a carousel…you use a container with the carousel class.…You should also include an ID…so that you can target the different components…like the buttons for going to the previous and next slide,…as well as the indicators.…If you want the carousel…to automatically animate when the page loads,…you can use the data-ride="carousel" property.…
Now there's a lot of other options…that you can activate using data attributes,…and we'll cover those in just a minute.…Carousel-inner is an internal component,…and it actually is what holds all the images.…Each of the images is wrapped…around a carousel item container.…Whichever element you want to show up when the page loads…should have a class of active,…and that will be the first slide…that shows up in the slide show.…Bootstrap is not going to perform…a lot of sizing on your images,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.