- Reviewing the core changes in Bootstrap 4
- Using display properties
- Reviewing flexbox container options
- Designing basic cards
- Using badges
- Upgrading from Bootstrap 3
- Migrating to the new grid
- Upgrading navs
- Learning about table and form changes
- Reviewing dropdown changes
- Changing a carousel
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ray] Hey there, this is Ray Villalobos, Senior Staff Author, and in this course I'm going to teach you about the new version of Bootstrap, version four. This course is designed for people who want to know what the new features or are thinking of migrating an existing site from the old version to the new. I'm going to start by giving you a quick summary of the upgrade, focusing on what's new and what has changed. Then we'll work on the new components that are important to learn when switching to this version of Bootstrap, including the display properties and flexbox containers that affect so much of how Bootstrap works.
We'll take a look at cards, an important new component with many layout options. Then we'll take a look at how migrating a website from version three will need to be tackled. We'll start by looking at some of the options for migrating to the new grid, and then we'll take a look at some of the major components that are going to be challenging to migrate, like the navigation, tables, forms, as well as carousels. There's a lot to learn, but that's why you're here. So let's get started.