In this video, Ray Villalobos talks about the stylesheet that comes with Bootstrap 4, which was designed to look great and be easy to override. Plus, he looks at how updating to this new version of Bootstrap affects your documents.
- [Instructor] The CSS code that comes with Bootstrap…overrides default browser behavior.…Besides making things look great,…it's also designed to be easy to override with your own CSS.…So let's start by talking about…a few ways that it handles typography.…Now first, there is a special portion…at the beginning of the Bootstrap styles…that's referred to as Reboot.css.…Now its job is to normalize styles so that they look similar…in different devices and browsers.…Unlike most other normalizing CSS templates,…it's a bit opinionated.…
For example Bootstrap uses Rems, a font measurement system…that makes it easier to control both the size of fonts…across the entire platform,…and within individual components.…It's going to make it easier for you to manage your layouts…because you can do things across the entire layout,…or simply within a specific component a lot easier.…Now in CSS, vertical margins can't collapse,…and that makes it confusing to calculate the proper spacing…in between a something like a paragraph and a headline,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.