Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic styles overview, part of Bootstrap 4 Essential Training.
- When you go to a webpage,…a lot of things influence how the page looks.…The browser has some default styles that it uses…to display elements like headlines, paragraphs, et cetera.…Now, these are called browser styles,…and in addition to that you usually write your own CSS…to make your sites look better.…The Bootstrap CSS styles are going to go…between browser styles and your own styles…to provide changes that make things look better.…In this section, I'll discuss the most basic changes…to the defaults, things like fonts, lists, headings,…images, and other basic HTML content.…
One interesting thing about these styles is…that they use a set of reset commands called reboot.…Reboot makes styles consistent…across different platforms and browsers.…Now, the main difference between reboot…and most other normalized code is that it uses rems…instead of pixels for sizing fonts.…That makes it easier to build and customize Bootstrap,…as well as your own components.…Reboot also keeps style declarations to a minimum…because it uses CSS's ability…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.