In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to work with a component called cards, one of the new components in this version of Bootstrap to help you lay out content into card-like containers.
- [Narrator] Cards are a new design patter in Bootstrap 4…that help you lay out content in to…card like containers that look fantastic.…There's a ton of options in terms of the classes…you can use, so I'm going to break this up into a few videos.…Now the basic card class is the card container…and every card has to have a container…with a class of card at the very top.…There's a series of other classes that you can use…for example, if you want to change the color…of the card, they traditionally have a white background.…
You can use card and one of the contextual color classes…which are primary, success, info, warning or danger.…Now when you do use these, you probably…want to use the card-inverse class as well.…That's because these backgrounds like primary…and danger are pretty dark so cark inverse…will make the text white.…There are a few classes for outlines so you…can use the card outline and then one of these…colors or contextual classes, primary, secondary,…success, info, warning and danger.…
Now inside the card items, you want to use…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.