Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating carousel indicators, part of Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design.
- One of my pet peeves is having a human…do something that a computer can do a lot better…and that's the case when you build carousels…with a feature called indicators.…So at the bottom of a lot of carousels,…you'll see something like this that allows you…to slide to the different carousels directly,…to create those in Bootstrap you have to create…an ordered list with a class of carousel indicators…and then put in a list item for every element…in your carousel, so there's three elements here,…you should have three different items inside your carousel,…right now this example really only has one,…but you should have three of them…and if you add or delete photos,…you need to remember to update this section.…
That sounds like something that a computer can do…a lot better, so I'm gonna grab…this piece of code right here, I'm only gonna need…the ordered list and I'm gonna find the carousel,…put it somewhere in this section,…I'll put it at the very top and I'm gonna delete…the list items and just have this ordered list…
- Analyzing your markup
- Creating simple column layouts
- Creating basic navigation and a simple carousel
- Modifying Bootstrap styles
- Working with branding and toggle styles
- Adding interactivity
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Up and Running with Sublime Text 2with Kevin Yank1h 40m Beginner
1. Understanding Bootstrap Layouts
2. Customizing Bootstrap Styles
3. Adding Interactivity
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.