Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding media styles, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Bootstrap has some other classes…that are related to how images work next to content.…And they look great in layouts…where you don't need to use columns.…So, let's take a look at how they work.…Now, for this exercise I have a pretty simple layout.…I've got some navigation here at the top…and then some photos with some content…and I'm going to use these media classes…to make those look really good.…So you can see right here, in my html,…that after the navigation I have a div…with a content container then a single row…and that row has a single column…that takes up all of the units in our 12-column grid.…
I'm going to start by placing this item right here…and putting it inside a div with a class="media".…Now that's not going to do anything…until we use a couple of other classes.…So I'm going to indent this…and for the thing that's going to become…sort of my media element,…in this case it's going to be our image,…I'm going to add a class="media" and then left…to a div here and then place…this image in there.…
And then I'm going to add another div here…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.