Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding image classes, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Bootstrap has a lot of really useful classes…that can help you tame your images.…So let's go ahead and take a look at some of them.…Now you can see from this example…that some of these are a little bit too big…for their column widths.…Bootstrap can make those images…more responsive if you add an img-responsive class.…Let's go ahead and do that.…So right before our alt tag,…I want to add class and I'm going to say img-responsive.…Save that, and you can see that this one adjusts.…So what's actually happening is…that Bootstrap is applying some styles…that is going to set the max width of this image…to 100% so no matter what width I make my browser,…you should see it fill the parent column.…
Now this image is only about 450 pixels wide or so.…So when I make it a little smaller at this layout…you'll see that it doesn't go the full width of the screen.…But if it had more resolution,…it would definitely do that.…It also sets the height to auto…as well as the display to block for any element.…Now because of this, if you want to center…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.