Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding content to the navbar, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- You can place any number of elements inside navbars,…but in order for them to align properly,…you have to wrap them in special classes.…So let's take a look at what it takes to add and outline…different types of elements.…Now, I'm starting out with the navigation…from the previous video.…I'm going to simplify it a bit by getting rid of this…navbar-fixed-top class right here.…That way it won't be stuck at the top of the screen,…it'll just scroll with the rest of the content.…But that means that I also need to go into my…Style.CSS document,…and get rid of this additional padding…that I've placed right here.…
Now, I'm not a big fan of the border in the navigation,…so I'll leave this border none for the navbar default class.…So now it looks like this.…Bootstrap has a special class that let's you create…what's called a brand, so that you can make…one of your elements the branding for the website.…The brand can be either text,…or any icon that you load into an image tag.…So we're going to go ahead and add that.…The brand goes in a special div called a navbar header.…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.