In this video, Ray Villalobos shows the jumbotron, a component for highlighted sections of content commonly at the top of many websites. There are some new features and changes in this version.
- [Instructor] The Jumbotron is a component…for a highlighted section of content…that is commonly used at the top of many websites.…It's really easy to do with Bootstrap…and there's a new class that makes it easier to customize.…To create a jumbotron, you add a class to a container…and it creates a light gray background…with slight round edges.…There is an alternate class called jumbotron fluid…that gives you a slightly different version,…takes up the entire space of the parent…and it doesn't have the rounded edges.…
I used to always take some time to delete…some of the round edges and the background.…So this jumbotron fluid makes it a lot easier…to do what you probably want to do most of the time…with a jumbotron, which is take up the entire…width of the container.…You may also have to add other styles as needed…so you may need to add some container classes…and depending on where your navigation is,…you may have to clear some margins…because the jumbotron does by default,…add a little bit of margin at the bottom of that element.…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.