Shows how to create, publish, and sell photo books using the Blurb self-publishing service.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili, your instructor for Creating Photo Books with Blurb. Many photographers, both pros and amateurs have dreamed of seeing their photographs published in a printed, bound book. Until recently, that goal has been out of reach for most of us. But now digital technologies are making it technically possible and relatively affordable for almost anyone to self-publish a photo book. Which can run the gamut from professional photography portfolios to a simple book of family photos. In this course, I'll show you how to create, publish, and get started selling your own photo books using tools offered by Blurb.
Blurb is an online company that's become a hit with a wide range of creative folks. From design and photography professionals to casual users, who are just intrigued by the idea of sharing their personal photographs with family and friends in the special form of a book. One reason Blurb is so popular is that it offers more than one bookmaking tool. So no matter how much experience, skill, and time you have, there's a bookmaking process that will work for you. This course covers three different workflows for creating a Blurb book. Bookify, BookSmart, and an introduction to PDF To Book.
Another reason Blurb is so popular is that in addition to bookmaking tools, it offers services for ordering books online, for printing books on demand, and even a bookstore for selling your books. All of which we'll look at in this course. I'm sure you're eager to get started making your first photo book, whether it's a big coffee table book of your best photos, or a small softcover book to give as a gift. So let's get started learning how to create photo books with Blurb.
- Planning a photo book
- Color managing photos for BookSmart
- Laying out pages in BookSmart
- Troubleshooting image size in BookSmart
- Importing photos to Bookify
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages in Bookify
- Downloading and installing Blurb's InDesign plug-in
- Uploading a PDF to Blurb
- Ordering and selling photo books
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Photo Books with iPhotowith Richard Harrington2h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Make a Book
2. Using Blurb BookSmart Desktop Software
3. Using Blurb Bookify Online
4. Using PDF to Book
5. Ordering and Selling Your Book
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.