Construction drawings convey information through line drawings. In this video, Jim explains the various types of lines and line styles used on a construction drawing, and discusses the meaning of each line type.
- [Instructor] Understanding what the different lines…on a drawing represent is really one of the key factors…in being able to interpret the information…that these drawings of trying to convey.…So, throughout these course, we'll look at different views,…details, and cross-sections and I'll make sure I point…to different type of lines and symbols…in our set of drawings and talk about what they mean…as we progress, but what I want to do now is I want to start…on this projects foundation plan on sheet A-102…to introduce you to some of the different lines and symbols…that you might see on a typical set of construction drawings…so we can talk about what they mean.…
Now, for future reference as we progress…through this course, we've also provided you with a separate…exercise file of what some of these line types represent.…So, for now, let's go ahead and zoom, again, remembering…from our last video, to go to the title block…and see what the sheet number is and the fact that it tells…us that this is the foundation plan, so, I know that I am…
In this course, learn how to read construction drawings. Jim Rogers helps you acquire this important skillset by taking you through the different components that make up construction plans, and helping you understand the language of construction drawings. He covers types of views, highlights different kinds of construction drawings—including architectural drawings, electrical drawings, and plumbing drawings—explains how to read general notes, and more.
- Deciphering the language of construction drawings
- Understanding line types
- Reviewing plan views, elevation views, section views, and isometric views
- Reviewing architectural drawings, structural drawings, and mechanical drawings
- Drilling down to the details
- Reviewing reference points on drawings
- Understanding schedules
- The future of construction drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Bluebeam: Manage Safety Submittalswith Jim Rogers1h 33m Intermediate
1. Deciphering the Language of Construction Drawings
2. Types of Views
3. Construction Drawings
4. The Details
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.