Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Construction Management: Reading Drawings & Specifications.
- [Instructor] As you've seen throughout this course,…there are a lot of advantages to working…with construction drawings in a digital format.…Not only are they easier to carry,…you can search an entire set for things like texts…or even symbols and you can do things like…add headers and footers to the pages,…apply stamps to the pages.…You can apply these stamps to all of the pages…at one time and really save a lot of time and effort…if that's what you need to do.…So if you want to learn more about working…with digital drawings, check out some of our courses…here in the online library.…
Now if you're on the construction side of things…and new to working with digital drawings,…our Bluebeams Fundamentals course…is a great place to start.…You might also want to check out our course…on Bluebeam for the iPad.…Bluebeam is software that is being used…more and more on the construction side of things…to make that move to digital.…Now if you're over on the design or detailing side…of the AEC Industry, make sure to (mumbles)…
In this course, learn how to read construction drawings. Jim Rogers helps you acquire this important skillset by taking you through the different components that make up construction plans, and helping you understand the language of construction drawings. He covers types of views, highlights different kinds of construction drawings—including architectural drawings, electrical drawings, and plumbing drawings—explains how to read general notes, and more.
- Deciphering the language of construction drawings
- Understanding line types
- Reviewing plan views, elevation views, section views, and isometric views
- Reviewing architectural drawings, structural drawings, and mechanical drawings
- Drilling down to the details
- Reviewing reference points on drawings
- Understanding schedules
- The future of construction drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Bluebeam: Manage Safety Submittalswith Jim Rogers1h 33m Intermediate
1. Deciphering the Language of Construction Drawings
2. Types of Views
3. Construction Drawings
4. The Details
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.