There are a few applications which need to be installed on your machine prior to the training. You can also find a set of exercise files which you need throughout this course.
- [Instructor] In order to get the most out of this course, you should be to some extent familiar with the concept of robotic process automation. However, if you're not we highly recommend to have a look at the Introducing Robotic Process Automation LinkedIn course. When it comes to technical requirements, there are a few applications which need to be installed on your machine prior to starting the course. You need a version of Blue Prism installed. The one I'm using is version 6.4.2 and it's 32 bit. 64 bit would also work if that's what you have installed. However, any version which is prior to the 6.2.1 will not support the UI automation mold which we'll use later in the course. We'll also need a local instance of SQL Express or Microsoft SQL Server, which will be connected to the Blue Prism database. Microsoft Office will also be required as we'll need to use Excel later in the course. When it comes to Airtable, you also need an account created there. In regard to the Exercise Files, there are three folders which are containing the files. The Airtable Setup contains the orders to upload to Airtable. The Import to Blue Prism folder contains the orders query process which will be used later in the course. When it comes to the Queue Load folder, we have a list of queries, Excel file, which we'll use to load the queue. Please note, you need to enter your own email address across the Excel files provided. I have also included a solution of the end to end order queries process, which you can reference at the end of this course.
- The main components of Blue Prism
- User interface interactions
- Data items and collections
- Building object and process layers using web apps and Excel
- Exception handling
- Creating and monitoring queues
- Configuring email