- View Offline
- Why blog for business?
- Defining goals for your blog
- Deciding where to host a blog
- Picking a platform
- Creating a content strategy
- Designing the blog
- Scheduling posts
- Promoting posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Marten Rand-Hendriksen and welcome to Blogging for Business. This course is designed to help you prepare for, plan and develop a strategy for creating a blog to promote and support a business. Blogging can be a useful tool in the marketing strategy of any business, and done right, it can also become a meeting point between the business and its customers. Throughout the course, we'll go through five stages that will help you lay the ground work to get from the idea of a business blog to an actual live and functioning blog, or take another look at your existing blog to make it more effective.
First, we'll look at how to define goals and expectations and establish a timeline to meet these goals. Then, we'll discuss strategy, both for content creation and marketing and how to measure success. We'll look at technology choices and how these effect our blog and can be used to further its functionality. We'll take a deep-dive into content creation and look at how to manage a blog and produce quality content by leveraging the brain trust in your company. And finally, we'll look at how to incorporate an existing corporate identity and plan the publication of the blog.
A business blog can be a powerful addition to your online marketing package. By establishing clear goals and a strategy, creating quality content and using available technologies, a business blog can become the face of your business to the online community. I'm excited to lead you on the path to business blogging success, so let's get cracking with Blogging for Business.