Learn about blockchain technology and the implications of decentralized, encrypted data storage for business and society.
- Blockchain, the backend database technology that makes Bitcoin work, is one of the most exciting technologies emerging right now. Beyond cryptocurrency, it's redefining how we store, update, and move data across networks. It's enabling a completely new way to write and deploy applications. It has the potential to improve online security and trust. It may even enable the creation of a new type of organization that is without hierarchy and centralized decision making.
Hi, I'm Jonathan Reichental. Following up on my Blockchain Basics course, it's now time to go deep and explore how the technology works and to help you understand how to unleash its power. We'll look at various implementations and impacts of Blockchain in many contexts. We'll unpack the details of solutions such as ripple and hyperleger. Get ready to get into the weeds of Blockchain. I'm confident that you'll appreciate the enormous potential ahead, but also be empowered to consider how you might use this technology.
I'm excited to begin and share the Blockchain technology universe with you. So let's go.
- Explain how the relationship between blockchain and Bitcoin is similar to the relationship of the internet and FTP.
- List specific qualities of a blockchain database.
- Describe how transactions are updated in a distributed ledger.
- Explain how the price of Bitcoin is derived.
- Assess the core benefits of altcoins.
- Recall how blockchain relates to the energy sector.