- I've gone ahead and UV mapped…the other two buildings in the scene…as well as the ground.…This file can be found in your exercise files folder…under Chapter 5.…But for this video,…let's work on the trashcans on the right.…I'll select the first one here…and I'll frame it up with the numpad . key.…This particular trashcan is comprised…of three separate objects.…So I'll select all three objects…and press Shift+H to isolate them.…
I'll use seams for this.…So I'll go around to the back of the object,…the part that won't be seen by the camera…and select a few edges to be our seams.…Ctrl+E and select marks seen.…Before I go any further,…I think I'll switch to the…UV editing interface layout.…Now I'll select all the faces of the container…press U and then unwrap.…I'll turn sync selection off…so I can select by UV islands…and select this island and rotate it 90 degrees.…
And I oftentimes like to move these out of…the zero to one space for now…while I work on the other objects.…Now I'll select the lid and go to edit mode.…And for this I don't need to mark any seams.…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.