- In this video let's work on UV mapping…one of the character's shoes.…Even though the shoes are a fairly complex 3D model,…they will be relatively simple to unwrap…because the shoe is broken into several one-sided pieces.…This will allow us to use the unwrap tool…without having to worry about marking seams.…Let's hide the pants by pressing H,…and now to better select all the pieces of the shoe…I'll turn off limit selection,…and then use lasso select to select…all the parts of one of the shoes.…
Press shift H to isolate it.…And now I'll go to the UV editing screen layout,…and frame up the shoe.…For this, since they are one-sided individual pieces,…I'll just select one piece and then use the U key…and unwrap, no seams or anything.…And that looks pretty good.…For the sole of the shoe that won't be seen very much…I think that will do just fine.…
I'll go ahead and just move that aside.…And then select the upper part of the shoe here,…U and unwrap, move that aside as well.…I'll select a strap and unwrap.…The other strap, same thing.…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.