Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video The recycle bins, part of Blender: UV Mapping.
- Okay now let's take a look at UV mapping…something with a few more pieces to it:…one of these recycle bins.…If I select one, we can see that it's all one object,…but comprised of several different pieces.…I'll press shift H to isolate it,…and let's go in to the UV editing screen layout.…I think I'll begin from the top with the lid of the bin.…So I'll hover over it and press L to select it,…then I'll press U and unwrap.…
I don't really need to mark seams here,…since it's a fairly thin piece and one-sided,…much like the lid in the trash can in the previous video.…I'm gonna hover over this viewport and press…control, up arrow, to make this full-screen for a moment.…For the main container part, it's a bit more complex,…so seams would be in order here.…So I'll select an edge loop up near the top…and then down along these verticle corners…at the back of the object.…
And control E and mark seam.…Now I can press control up arrow again…to get back to my previous view.…And with the container portion selected,…I'll press U and then choose unwrap.…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.