Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video The hands, part of Blender: UV Mapping.
- With it's unusual, organic shape the human…hand can be a challenge to UV map,…and of course there are many ways to do it.…I'd like to do this in such a way that we…look at yet another one of Blender's handy…UV tools, the UV sculpt brush.…So let's begin by selecting the hand and isolating it.…Trying to use seams for something like this…can be problematic because the fingers can…often collapse into a little ball,…rather than the actual shape of the hand.…So what I'll do is project from view for…each side of the hand and then use the weld…tool to connect them up at the thumb.…
This is actually very similar to the process…we used to map the buildings several videos ago.…Now that I've selected the faces on the top…part of the hand, I'll switch to the UV…editing layout and align it to the camera.…And project from view.…That looks pretty good.…It actually looks like a hand, which is what we want,…but is sometimes not what we would get when…using seams for something like this.…Now to select the other sides I will just…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.