In this video, learn about using Blender's editing tools to adjust the deform cage to fit around the character's torso. BlenRig uses the deform cage to control the character.
- [Instructor] Now let's adjust the deform cage…for the torso and the arms.…To do that, I need to see it a little bit better.…I'll scroll down here and turn on X-Ray again.…And also, I should mention that I do have x-axis mirror…turned on, so if I T key over here,…and come over here to the Options tab,…notice that when the object is in edit mode,…I've got X Mirror and Topology Mirror checked here.…And that allows me to select a point on one side…and the other side, of course, follows along as well.…
Alright, so let's begin with the part under the arms.…This is one of the more difficult areas to get,…or to place correctly, so let's go ahead and begin…with this and then work on everything else around it.…I'll go to the front orthographic view and I'll just grab…this with the G key and move it down, say to right here.…I'll turn off the proportional editing tool…and just select this ring with Alt + Click,…and scale it out and move it down just a bit.…
And I'll do the same with these.…I'm not gonna get them all the way out…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.