The next step beyond one-line commands is writing and running single script files. Using the text editor, Patrick shows how to create new scripts, as well as go over the variety of built-in tempalte scripts that come with blender by default. These handy templates can both speed up development using common code structures, as well as further more advanced learning.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] The next step beyond one-line commands…in the terminal, integrate full running scripts.…Since these can be more complex…and involve multiple classes and registrations,…it's important that we make use of the Blender console.…If you're on a Mac, make sure you start using…the shortcut alias we created, Or if you're on a Windows,…make sure you toggle the system console.…One very convenient thing about Blender…is that it ships with many built-in templates.…These templates make it very easy to create add-ons,…operators, and many other things in Blender.…If we change the 3D view to the Text Editor window,…we then take a look at the Templates pop-up menu.…
Here, we can see all the available…built-in Python templates.…We have tool tips that help explain what they do.…Though we will not be using any of these templates…specifically in this course,…many of the examples we're doing in the later chapters…will be very similar to ones you can find here.…For example, in chapter three,…we're gonna be looking at examples…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Controlling Blender with code
- Exploring the bpy library
- Creating Blender operators and properties
- Writing scripts
- Auto running scripts
- Drawing interface elements such as panels and menus
- Building a custom add-on
Skill Level Intermediate
Introduction to Data Analysis with Pythonwith Michele Vallisneri2h 16m Intermediate
1. Controlling Blender through Code
2. Create Blender Scripts
3. Customize Blender Interfaces
4. Build Your Own Add-On
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.