Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with subdivision surfaces, part of Blender Essential Training.
Now let's take a look at Subdivision Surfaces.…This is basically a modifier that does pretty much the same thing as the…Subdivide command in the Object Tools Panel.…But this is more interactive, it's basically live so we can actually modify an…object and have it subdivide at the same time.…It's really great for character animation and anything where you need organic…shapes that animate.…So I am going to go ahead and select this box and expand out my Properties Panel…just a little bit so I can get into my Modifiers and then I am going to add…Subdivision Surface.…
Now notice what happens, as soon as I add this, it starts subdividing…this particular surface.…So if I want I can add more subdivisions in my View and also more in my Render.…Now with this you got to be a little careful not to add too many because you…can very easily get millions of polygons if you bring this up much above three or four.…So you have to be very careful with this.…But we can actually dial in Resolution and we can have a different resolution…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.