- [Instructor] Up til now…we've been working with solid color,…but there are many times when you'll need to use a map,…either an image map or a procedural map.…So, let's take a look at how to do that.…Now I have my scene here…and I'm gonna go ahead and select this ground plane.…And let's make sure we're in rendered mode here…so we can see what we're working with.…So, now that the ground plane is selected,…let's go ahead and add a material to it.…So I'm gonna go over to my materials tab…and create a new material.…And then I'm gonna leave it at diffuse for now…and if we wanted to we could just change…it to a solid color.…
But to make it a little more interesting…let's go ahead and add a map.…Now we can do that by going over to the right…and clicking on this little button here.…And this brings up a list of different things…that we can add in here.…Now, the ones I'm probably most interested in…are the textured ones.…So let's go head over to texture,…and you can see that we can add in, say a brick texture,…and we can change the color of those bricks.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.