Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with edges and edge loops, part of Blender Essential Training.
When you start working with mesh modeling in Blender, you need to pay…attention to edge loops.…Now edge loops are basically just loops of edges that define areas of a…character or an object.…Now I have a little creature here and let's take a look at how his edge loops work.…I'm just going to go ahead and right-click to select them and hit Tab to go in Edit Mode.…Now I'm in Face Mode here, so I'm going to go into Edge Mode.…Now if you notice here we've got all sorts of edges but a lot of these…edges tend to go in loop.…
So if I hit Alt and one of these edges, you can see I have a loop around his…legs, the top of his arm, it kind of has a loop, and we also have one around his waist.…Now if I want, I can use these to actually manipulate and edit my character.…So if I wanted to, I could make him a little bit skinnier, I could hit S to…scale down his waist and I could scale that down.…One thing you want to notice is how this is kind of going asymmetrically.…Now that's because I selected this edge and we're scaling around the center of that.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.