Join David Andrade for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to go from here, part of Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blender.
- Congratulations on beginning your journey as a character animator. It's an intense, creatively demanding, yet incredibly fulfilling adventure. I hope these lessons have given you a guide map to use for your future character animation projects. Just remember, animation is never finished. But you can take the lessons that you've learned here and move forward. And don't forget to finish your animation scene if you haven't already. Be patient, it takes a long time to do this stuff. Now that you've completed this course, I recommend watching the Rendering Using Cycles in Blender by George Maestri.
And good luck on your character animation. And don't forget, planning is the key to success.
- Listening to the dialog clip
- Sketching out the animation framework
- Learning how character and facial rig works
- Blocking key character poses
- Getting feedback
- Adjusting appendages
- Matching dialog to the animation
- Cleaning up frames with the Graph Editor
- Lighting and rendering the animation