Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Blender: Game Asset Sculpting.
- Throughout this course, I'll be assuming some basic knowledge of Blender. You should be able to navigate within the 3D viewport, move, rotate and scale objects, and maybe even a couple of the essential modeling tools like Extrude and Loop Cut. If you'd like to take a look at an introductory course on Blender, I suggest George Maestri's Blender Essential Training. It's a great overview of Blender's interface, its features, its modeling tools. If you're brand new to Blender, this is the place to start.
In addition, if you've never had any experience with UV mapping, check out my Blender UV Mapping course here on Lynda.com. It'll introduce you to UV mapping, what it is, why it's used, and how to get the most out of Blender's UV mapping tools. So, take a look at these courses, and when you're ready, let's get started created a game asset.
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity