- Sometimes after unwrapping…there are UVs that you'd like to straighten.…I have a Torus here that I've already…marked the seams and unwrapped.…I'd like to connect these items together,…but since the edges at the ends are curved.…When I run the stitch tool by pressing the V key…I get some distortion here.…I'll undo and take another look at this.…To straighten this edges up…I can go to the UVs menu…and then to weld align.…
Here we have some different ways to align…and straighten edges.…If I select straighten,…it will attempt to automatically line up…the edge as best it can.…I can also press the shortcut key W…to bring up the same menu.…But notice over here on the toolbar,…I have the same thing here.…This allows you to go through the different selections…and see how they affect the edge.…I'll select align X.…
And I'll select this edge and do the same thing.…Now that I have these edges straightened,…I can select one and run the stitch tool.…That does a better job of joining this islands,…but there is still some distortion…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.