Find out how to model an iconic car—the Aston Marton DB5—in the free 3D modeling application Blender.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Geroge Maestri and welcome to Vehicle Modeling in Blender. In this course we're gonna start from scratch and make an Aston Martin DB5. We're going to start with the front end of the vehicle and get the fenders exactly the way we want. Then we're gonna go ahead and finish off the rear end and the roof of the car. After that we're gonna focus on wheels, we're gonna crate realistic tires, as well as spoked rims. We're going to detail the vehicle with the grille, windows, windshields, as well as trim.
And finally, we'll do a realistic render of the vehicle. So let's get started with Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.