Learn how to apply 2D images to your 3D models with these UV mapping techniques in Blender.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Darrin Lile, and welcome to Blender UV Mapping. In this course we'll cover what UV mapping is, its purpose and what tools Blender has to help us UV map our 3D models. We'll talk about projecting UV maps and modifying them once we have an initial unwrap. We'll see how to organize the maps of multiple objects and export our UV maps out of Blender, so we can create textures and programs like Photoshop. In the final two sections of this course, we'll put all of our knowledge to work as we UV map hard surface objects in an alley scene, as well as the more organic shapes of a character model.
So please join me, won't you, for Blender UV Mapping.
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.