The upper and lower teeth are kept as separate objects and have their own armature modifiers applied. In this video, see how to use a different method of weighting the vertices. The instructor shows how to use Blender's Edit Mode to select specific vertices and assign them to vertex groups.
- [Instructor] To weight the teeth and the tongue,…we'll be using a slightly different technique…than we've been using.…Instead of weight painting, we're gonna actually go in…and select the vertices of the object,…and then assign those vertices to the bone vertex group.…So let's take a look at how to do that.…First of all, I'm gonna open up the mouth here.…I'll just press R and X and open the mouth a bit…so we can see inside and work on the tongue.…Think I'll try and reduce the clutter here by…turning off a couple of these layers.…
And now what we need to do is make sure our…tongue vertex groups are listed over here…in our vertex groups for the head.…Currently if we scroll through,…we won't see anything for the tongue.…So to create those, an easy way to do that is to select…one of these tongue bones and then just click in…weight paint mode and that will create the vertex group.…So let's select the head.…Go to weight paint mode.…
Select this tongue_three bone.…I'll reduce my brush size a bit…and then I'll just click one time…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.