This video covers painting the weights of the jaw. The auto normalize function is enabled so that when the weight is painted for the jaw, the vertices are also removed from the head deform group.
- [Instructor] The main bone for the movement…of the jaw is this right here,…this maxi bone.…And this is what we want to select…to be begin painting.…I can hit the R key and rotate this down…so we can see the jaw moving here,…but we haven't weighted any of the vertasies…to the bone yet.…To do that we need to be pulling…the vertasies out of the head to form master group…as we paint the jaw.…And this setting right here will allow us…to do that, the auto normalize.…
What that does is it makes sure that no matter…how many bones are influencing a particular vertex,…all of those influences will only ever equal 1.0.…So if we paint 1.0 on the jaw,…it will be automatically pulled out…of the other vertex group.…So let's try it.…I'll hit the F key and maybe expand this a bit.…Then I'll just click and drag and that will begin…pulling those points out of one group,…and into another.…
So as we can see if we switch over…to the head deform master group,…you can see those vertasies are being pulled out…while they're being added to this one.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.