When weight painting the bones of the face, you begin with the lips and then move to the outermost bones around the face. B-bones display is turned on so that you can see if any of the bones are flipping as they're moved.
- [Instructor] For the lips,…we should probably open the mouth again…so that we can access the inside of the lips as well.…So, I'll turn on the facial controls here,…and I'll go ahead and grab the maxi bone…and just roll that down a bit.…And a lot of these controls here…are so that we can grab individual points…and pull them out just to test.…We may not need them all right now,…especially the ones for the tongue and the teeth.…So maybe we can turn those off.…
There we go.…And even the body.…There we go.…So that's a little bit cleaner now.…I'll stuck the head, and let's go to weight paint mode.…And I'll select one of the lips here,…and we'll begin just painting these.…So what I want is to try and paint the lips…for these bones here, along the perimeter of the lips.…And then I'll come in and begin painting…these vertical bones coming off of the mouth,…like this.…
So let's begin with these.…I'll slick that, and let's just begin painting in here.…It's gonna add a new vertex group,…and we'll just begin painting in here.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.