In this video, learn how to use Blender weight painting tools to assign weights to the bones of the fingers. Care must be taken to not paint other parts of the model while painting the weights of the fingers. In addition, learn how to subtract weight.
- [Voiceover] To weight paint the fingers we'll…just go through a similar process.…We can select the bone that we want…to assign the weights to.…So here I've chosen the little finger underscore one…and when I click and drag and lay some paint down,…we'll see the vertex groups added again here…to the vertex groups panel.…So if I click there, you can see them added here.…So what I'll do is I'll go ahead…and begin painting on the hand here first for this bone.…It looks like I'm still using the subtract blend mode…so let's change that to add.…
And I'll go ahead and just begin adding some influence here…to this bone right in here…on down into the knuckle there.…Also we need to come around to the other side…and paint that.…I'll hit the five key to go to perspective mode…so I can get in here a little tighter…without seeing the body…and I'll just begin painting in here as well.…And maybe I should do a little bit out here on the side.…
It's gonna need to influence this area as well.…So we can always, at any point in time,…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.