Only the horizontal bones are used when painting the part of the eyelids that contact the eyeball. The vertical bones are weight painted further out. BlenRig comes with three bones for the ears that need to be weight painted as well.
- [Narrator] To work on the eyelids, the first thing…we should probably do is go ahead and hide the…eyes over here in the outliner and that will…allow us to get to the inside of the character here and…be able to paint the weights from the inside.…Now you need to be in perspective.…If I hit the 5 key and change to ortho I'm not…able to get inside the head there so…you have to be in perspective to be able to do that.…So let's go ahead and turn on the deformation bones…right here and let's switch over to selecting the…head and change from object mode to weight paint mode.…
Now we can choose the eyelids here…and begin painting.…I've got add with my strength at 1, the weight at 1,…and I'll spin around on the inside and paint from in here.…Mainly because if I paint from out here, what often…happens is I hit the back of the head and I don't…want to do that so I'll undo that.…I also would like to be able to see through the…model to the bones so I'll think I'll scroll down and…turn on x-ray.…
And what I've done is I've turned on x-ray for the…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.