The eyeballs of the character are also a separate object. An armature modifier is added to them, and their vertices are assigned to a vertex group in Edit Mode. The head weights are separated into three distinct areas based on the three head deform bones.
- The last few bits of the head that we need to deal…with are the eyes and the head deform bones.…So, let's begin with the eyes here and let's do the same…process that we did with the teeth.…I'll select the eyes and then let's go add an…armiture modifier to these…and bring it up to the top of the stack.…Let's select the biped blen rig object…and now what we want to do is add the vertex groups…here for the eyes.…So I'll select the eyes.…
I'll go into Weight Paint mode…I'll select this bone right here,…the eye_def_l,…and I'll just click in here once…and that creates that group…and then I'll come over here and choose this bone right here…for the right side and click once.…And so those have been created now.…Let's switch to Edit mode.…I'll select this whole eye with the L key…and, since this is the left, I'll choose that for…text group and click Assign.…
And let's go over here and select this.…I'll select the one on the right…and Assign.…And now, if we go back to Weight Paint mode,…we should be able to select these bones and see…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.