Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using bitmaps, part of Blender Essential Training.
Now let's take a look at how to use image maps as part of a texture.…Now I have a very simple chair here in my viewport and we have a basic material applied.…Let's go ahead and add in a texture.…So I am going to go over here to my Texture panel here at the little…checkerboard, and you will see that I have no textures in the scene at the moment.…So let's go ahead and hit the New button.…You will see that by default it brings in this procedural texture.…Now this is not what we want; we want an image.…
So I am going to go ahead and click on this and scroll up until I find the entry…that says Image or Movie, and let go.…And you will see that, well, its dark.…Well that's simply because we haven't loaded the image yet, but we can find that…under this file browser here. Under Image, I am going to hit Open.…Fabric_Dots is the name of it in the Chap07 folder, and hit Open Image.…So this is just a polka-dotted fabric pattern.…So if I want to see this on my material, I can. You can see how I've got my…polka dots and they're applied to my object.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.