Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using UV projections, part of Blender Essential Training.
In addition to unwrapping objects by defining scenes, we can also create…projection mapping, which basically projects a sphere or a cylinder or a cube…onto our object to get some rough mapping that we can later tweak.…So let's take a look at how to do that.…I've got a basic cylinder here, which is basically just a soup can, so let's go…ahead and just select that and apply a texture to it.…So I am going to go into my Texture panel here, create a new texture, scroll…down to Type, select Image or Movie,…open the image, and in this case we are going to open up SoupLabel, and you could…see that's a very simple label of soup.…
And then for Coordinates, again we want to make sure that we're on UV Coordinates.…So let's do a quick test render. And that is not anywhere near what we want, so…let's go ahead and start mapping this.…So I need to go into a UV editing mode, so let's just go ahead and use the…default UV editing layout here.…So I've got my can, and let's turn that onto Textured so we can see what's going…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.