Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Snap to move objects precisely, part of Blender Essential Training.
When you want to move objects precisely in Blender, you'll need to use some of…the snap options that are available.…Now, probably the easiest way to snap objects is just to snap to the grid, and…we can do that by using the Snap option in the viewport.…So we have this little magnet icon here and when this is active the objects will…snap when you move them.…So if I right-click on this cube and I select my Move Manipulator, then you can…see as I move this object, it snaps to the size of that grid.…
Now, what it's snapping is this origin or center point of the object.…If I select multiple objects, it will also snap those to the grid.…So again, if I select everything it will snap as I move everything.…I'm going to go ahead and right-click on the Torus and we have some additional…options here for snapping.…I'm going to go ahead and right-click on this cube and now the grid that we're…using is just our standard grid.…
If we want we can change that grid as well.…The easiest way to do that is to go into the Properties panel by expanding it,…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.