Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Ramp Shader options, part of Blender Essential Training.
In addition to adding color to your diffuse and specular channels, you can also add ramps.…Now, ramps are basically a gradation of both color and transparency that can…really transform the way that your materials look.…So right now we're going to work with ramps in the Diffuse channel.…So I'm going to down Specularity so we can see exactly how these ramps work.…So I'm going to take Specularity, turn it down to 0, and let's hit F12 just to…see how this renders.…
Now, you'll notice in both the Diffuse and Specular channels we have a check box for Ramp.…If I check it in the Diffuse channel, you'll see how the preview really changes a lot.…And that's because we've added in this ramp that goes from black and transparent…on the left to white and opaque.…Now, we can really see how this works by using this control along the bottom…called Factor, and really what is happening here is that this ramp is being laid…over the diffuse color.…
So underneath this we have a red diffuse color and we're laying over the white.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.