Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Dope Sheet, part of Blender Essential Training.
Another way to edit animation is to use the Dope Sheet.…Now this doesn't use animation curves;…it basically just allows you to move keyframes around and create new ones.…But it can be a lot faster than the Graph Editor in a lot of situations.…So let's go ahead and open up a window to add in a Graph Editor.…So I'm going to go up into the right corner of my viewport here and left-click…and drag down a horizontal window.…And again, because I'm working with time, I like to have a horizontal window…to put my editor in. And so we're going to find the Dope Sheet and go ahead and select that.…
Now this actually has all of the animation in the scene represented as…little diamonds here.…And if I want, I can scroll in by grabbing this little icon here. And you'll see…that I have a number of options here, but basically the ones I want to look at…are the ones for the billiard ball.…In fact, let's go ahead and zoom down a little bit. And you can see that each…key here is actually broken down into separate keys for X, Y, and Z, so in that…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.